On Nov 8, 3:46 pm, richardson.balca...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was just reading the effort of installing "open web apps" locally, I'm
> assuming the strategy shift that I'm talking about is that Mozilla is betting
> on Firefox as their application framework, that would make sense not to
> support Xulrunner anymore.
>
> I would like to see how could one use the native stuff like platform specific
> stuff (Cocoa for example) on this "open web apps". Don't get me wrong I love
> Web technologies but an HTML TAB is never going to feel the same as the OS
> Native TAB.

If by TAB you mean the UI element (and not the soft drink, or
something else), then I think it's worth pointing out that, on OS X,
the tabs in your Firefox window aren't native. They are XUL stylized
to look like native tabs (CSS at
https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/themes/pinstripe/browser.css#2113).
There's nothing preventing you from stylizing HTML the same way.

Simon