On 11/9/12 12:52 AM, James Graham wrote:
I know Mozilla use a system where all the tests in a file should pass,
but I don't see how that will work well when you don't control the
tests. If you are manually editing every file when you import it, I
imagine that updating tests will be so time consuming that it will be
tempting not to bother. How do you plan to address this?

I believe right now we have a list of "known failures" alongside such tests, and our own test harness knows to compare what the tests are reporting to our list of known failures. As in, we're not using the pass/fail state of the tests directly; we're comparing it to "should all pass, except this whitelist of things that we know fail".

Constructing these whitelists of known failures is indeed a bit of a PITA, but they're pretty static until we fix stuff, usually.

-Boris