On 07/01/13 18:48, JP Rosevear wrote:
> If I understand what you are proposing I think its reasonable given we
> are switching to the "desktop" UA.  But I come from the camp that UA
> changes should be for a deeply clear benefit, simply "it won't harm
> much" is not an argument for change in a property where changing it
> *never* again is the ideal.

Johnath asked for a clear statement of benefit. I guess that would be:

Keeping the UA as similar as possible across platforms removes the
possibility of some Firefoxes being excluded by foot-shooting
developers. The change under consideration removes a
relatively-recently-added tag on the Tablet Firefox only, reverting it
to be the same as Desktop Firefox. This makes it more likely that
neither one nor the other will be excluded from sites by bad sniffing.

Gerv