Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 1/27/2013 11:48 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
> > FWIW, in cases like this, I would rather we just use the C++11 API
> > directly even if it means dropping support for common but
> > out-of-date compilers like gcc 4.4 and VS2010.
>
> I personally prefer an API style where the memory ordering
> constraints of a variable are part of the type declaration as
> opposed to an optional parameter on the access methods
> (which means operator overloading will only ever give you
> sequentially consistent).

OK, I didn't realize you were proposing the new API as a permanent
replacement/wrapper of the C++11 API.  If the Mozilla Coding Style Guide is
going to discourage the use of the C++11 API permanently anyway even after all
supported compilers provide it, then it doesn't really matter how the
Mozilla-specific API is implemented.

Cheers,
Brian