On 1/30/2013 8:03 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
It turns out that disabling PGO but keeping LTCG enabled reduces the
memory usage by ~200MB, which means that it's not an effective
measure.  Disabling both LTCG and PGO brings down the linker's
virtual memory usage to around 1GB, which means that we will not hit
the maximum virtual memory size of 4GB for a *long* time.

Are the MS tools limited to 4GB? if not why aren't we using 8GB or more machines? They are cheap compared to the cost of engineering time we're spending trying to fit into a too-small box.

-Dan Veditz