On 3/5/13 12:01 PM, Bobby Holley wrote:
They were embarrassed and fixed their code

They weren't embarrassed and didn't fix their code. And since we relanded "netscape" they don't really have incentive to...

Of course now their sniffing relies on at least three separate things all of which we want to remove. :(

Defining a shim for interface constants is significantly more complicated.
While possible, it represents a fair amount of engineering effort that I'd
like to avoid, and forces us to maintain nsIDOMFoo interfaces that would
otherwise go away with the WebIDL transition.

Peter has suggested making Components.interfaces.nsIXMLHttpRequest == window.XMLHttpRequest, for what it's worth.

-Boris