Can you clarify the main motivation behind using a subrepo over a Tier 1 dev
branch like m-i or services-central? Mimicking what we already do elsewhere
would have less process/infra change overhead, and my intuition tells me that
per-checkin builds/tests could be configured specifically for that repo.
Perhaps we should be focusing mostly on your point about "Improv[ing] sharing
between Servo/Gecko" though.

Assuming we move forward with a subrepo, a few thoughts:

* Whatever the branching model becomes, it sounds like it'll end up being
around merges. Just let us know what you'd like us to do at m-c->m-a and upon
subsequent merges. No problem there.
* We'll need to decide how to handle approvals - whether to gate at landing to
a branched subrepo, or updating the changeset in the main repo. Just requires
some discussion.
* Somebody (engineer, sheriff) would need to make sure that after landing to a
subrepo branch, a version of Firefox is marked as fixed once it the changeset
starts being referenced from the main repo.

As for impact to QA and investigations, I agree that the change should be
fairly minimal. Since we'd still like the help of contributors and QA in
bisecting a day's worth of Moz2D changes, new documentation may be necessary.

-Alex