On 13-03-27 4:00 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> And you probably won't do it at a conference.

If I heard about Moz2D at a conference, I'd certainly want to clone the
repo and have a quick look at it.

This is quite relevant to the goal of reducing contributor barriers.
However, I agree with your larger point: this isn't a great trade off
compared to some of the other issues.

Import scripts (automating 'cp' from an upstream checkout) have worked
well for the media libraries I've helped maintain, and unfortunately
remain the best option for incorporating external repos in our
monolithic build. But those tend to have very stable interfaces, which
probably isn't the case for Moz2D development.

 -r