> Can we converge on a solution here ASAP? This is now holding up making
>
> Marketplace a packaged app, and I suspect it will bite us again soon.
>

> -Ben

I think everyone on that thread wants to come up with a solution to fix this.
However, I think there's just outstanding debate making sure the
counterarguments on the security side from Jonas's perspective is met (probably
need to get Paul's perspective too). However, from a project management
perspective, we need to be mindful of the fact that:

1. It's way too late for this work for v1.01 (i.e. v1.01 OOS)
2. We're past feature freeze for v1.1 (i.e. likely v1.1 OOS)
3. I recall talking with Fabrice that this was a non-trivial amount of work for
fixing this, although we should double check based on the current proposal.
When we talked about this originally, the non-trivial nature of it argued for
it to be a v2.0 feature.
4. I don't know if there's discussion yet if this is being pushed v1.2 scope or
not

We're all slammed with v1.01 and v1.1 work right now, so that's probably why
the discussion here has moved slower than people on that bug would like. So as
much as I'd like to see this get solved, I don't think it's a good idea to be
pushing for a solution until we've finished getting v1.01 phones in the market
and have a targeted release in mind at a minimum before coming back and
revisiting this. Otherwise, we'll spin on designing the solution slowly without
knowing when the work to fix the issue will actually happen.

- Jason