On 4/25/13 10:34 PM, jsmith.mozi...@gmail.com wrote:

1. It's way too late for this work for v1.01 (i.e. v1.01 OOS)

I want to emphasize that the current architecture is not just inconvenient, it breaks a ton of things, including all login solutions for packaged apps. This is a major problem.

2. We're past feature freeze for v1.1 (i.e. likely v1.1 OOS)

This is a major bug, not a feature request.

3. I recall talking with Fabrice that this was a non-trivial amount
of  work for fixing this,

I'm having trouble seeing how that is. We can stage the feature in a couple of ways, first by letting marketplace packaged apps claim an origin. That's one line in the manifest and a change to the app's origin from app://<guid> to app://facebook.com. The self-hosted use case can be fixed later.

-Ben