On 4/29/2013 9:32 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 4/26/13 6:26 PM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
If I have a patch ready to land when inbound closes, what would be the
sequence of steps that I need to do to land it on inbound2?

The following steps assume that the default and default-push for your repo are both appropriate versions of inbound and that "i2" and "i2-push" are the appropriate versions of inbound2 (you can create such aliases in your .hgrc). They also assume that since inbound just closed there is bustage on inbound that is not going to be present on inbound2 and that you have already pulled this bustage into your tree.

1)  Make sure your patch-to-land is tracked by mq
2)  hg qpop -a
3)  hg strip "roots(outgoing('i2'))"
4)  hg pull -u i2
5)  hg qpush your patches
6)  hg qfin -a && hg push i2-push
The strip really isn't necessary, as long as you're ok with your tree having multiple heads for a bit.

1) Make sure your patches are tracked by mq
2) hg qpop -a
3) hg pull inbound2
4) hg up -c tip # tip is what you just pulled from inbound2. The update crosses branches, but -c says that's ok
5) hg qpush # your patches
6) hg qfin -a && hg push -r. inbound2 # note -r. is necessary here so you're only pushing your inbound2 head, not your inbound head

I use a setup like this to push to the release branches, keeping all of aurora/beta/release as multiple heads of one tree.

--BDS