On 02:54, Tue, 30 Apr, Justin Lebar wrote:
Is there sanity to this proposal or am I still crazy?

If we had a lot more project branches, wouldn't that increase the load
on infra dramatically, because we'd have less coalescing?

Yes, it would decrease coalescing. I wonder how many tree closures and backouts we'd have though?

It seems like a tree used by a smaller, more focused group of people could cope better with leaving some orange on the tree for short periods of time. Instead of backing out suspect revisions, and closing the tree to wait for the results of the backout to come back, could the tree remain open to landings while the test failures are being investigated. I think this is easier to coordinate with a smaller group of people, and with a slower check-in cadence.

Cheers,
Chris