Hopefully Web Components will provide a good solution to let authors extend
the browser with support for vocabularies that can be rendered via a
straightforward decomposition to HTML or MathML or SVG.

I think the layout requirements of MathML are too onerous for MathML to be
reduced to HTML or SVG that way.

While diagrams such as chemical formulae, flowcharts or electronics
schematics can be compiled to SVG, the layout step is very much nontrivial
and I don't think Web Components is enough for that. Web Components plus
some JS to do the layout is probably satisfactory.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq