I think Fred's point here was that the literal text in the MathML or LaTeX is
not what a blind person wants to hear. The whole point of math as a 2-D
notation is that the relative position of the parts of the equation carry
meaning. This is unlike normal text which almost always carries its whole
message in its words and punctuation.