Also, for those who are interested, I'm working on a script that will
(hopefully) be a pre-commit hook for checking that IDL changes have
corresponding IID changes (if needed):

https://github.com/jwir3/checkiid

Feel free to use it if you want to test your patches for compliance,
and also to test the script itself. There are still a number of issues,
so it's pretty rough yet, but it's getting better. Patches are, of
course, accepted. ;)

~Scott