On 7/12/2013 1:12 PM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Gervase Markham <g...@mozilla.org> wrote:
We keep hitting cases where we would like Firefoxes in the field to have
some data updated using a process which is much lighter in expended
effort than shipping a security release.
Would such an update increment the version number?  I suspect you'd
want to be able to easily determine if an update has been applied, and
having to distinguish e.g. "Firefox 30 without update 1" vs. "Firefox
30 with update 1" could be annoying (and makes me think of Windows
service packs).

Nick
It wouldn't update all of the places where version numbers are stored today since that would break incremental updates but there is no reason that the places in the UI couldn't read in this information and show it in the UI and thereby avoid breaking incremental updates.

Robert