On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 05:09:22PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 04:17:50PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 01:15:31PM -0700, Kyle Huey wrote:
> > > We've dropped support for versions of MSVC prior to 2010, and
> > > we're requiring at least GCC 4.4.  According to [0] that means we
> > > should be able to use *auto*.  Anybody know any reasons why we
> > > can't start using it?
> >
> > Filed bug 894242. (double 42!)
>
> This almost stuck, but B2G desktop builds are, guess what, using gcc
> 4.4, and a bug was already on file to upgrade that (bug 770625).
> Hopefully this will go forward now that there are patches.

And it's now done. Thanks to Ted Mielczarek and Ben Hearsum for the
quick reviews, and Aki Sasaki for the buildbot reconfig.

Now we can start discussing what specific features we want to start
using. Bug 895322 has already been filed to use static_assert instead of
MOZ_STATIC_ASSERT.

A good resource is http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/C++0xCompilerSupport
Our base versions are 4.4 for gcc, and 10.0 for MSVC. I'm not sure what
our lowest supported version of clang is.

Mike