Justin Lebar schrieb:
It's a lot better than the page

a) playing audio,
b) spinning your cpu, or
a) pwning you.

True.

Still, if this is a problem (there /are/ a lot of websites which are
just one big flash object), I wonder if we could detect it.

Yes, I worry about those pages that are one big Flash object, or about pages which have a video as the centerpiece or such. We also get worse thumbnails than before on pages that are basically just a big login screen when you aren't actually logged in.

It's pretty hard to figure out the right thing to do in cases like that, I guess (esp. on the "well, but private info can't be shown" front).

Robert Kaiser