On 9/8/13 15:36, Axel Hecht wrote:> So I created three test cases based on the data I see, Greek and
> Bulgarian monospace and Hindi sans-serif. They're linked off of
> http://pike.github.io/fonts/. It's prerendered images on the left
> column, and regular text on the right.
>
> Hindi is blank squares as I expect, but for Bulgarian and Greek, I see
> Bulgarian and Greek letters on my 1.1 unagi.
>
> It'd be great to get some help as to what I actually see there. Oh fonts.

Font fallback means that if there's ANY font on your Unagi that includes Cyrillic (or Greek) characters, you'll see them rather than blank boxes, even if that font isn't what's listed in the font.name prefs (And it may not even be monospaced... it's probably falling back to Open Sans or Charis SIL or something.)

JK