This is sort-of-kind-of platform related, but only indirectly, so let me know if there's a better place to ask this question, please.

If a web page needs to be able to display the current release version of Gecko, is there a place we can pull that information from, so that the content doesn't have to be manually edited?

This could even be a place in the source code we could pull up a MXR link and peel out of the code. I just don't know where in the code to get it.

We have many cases in MDN content where it's helpful to indicate what the current version of Gecko is (or, more often, to compare the current version to a specific version in which something was added), and it would be nice to not have to hand-edit that anymore.

--
Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead