I use http://svn.mozilla.org/libs/product-details/json/firefox_versions.json

I use that because that was what the download button on www.mozilla.org did. I don't know if the download button still uses that resource.

Den 30-08-2013 16:09Eric Shepherd skrev:
This is sort-of-kind-of platform related, but only indirectly, so let me
know if there's a better place to ask this question, please.

If a web page needs to be able to display the current release version of
Gecko, is there a place we can pull that information from, so that the
content doesn't have to be manually edited?

This could even be a place in the source code we could pull up a MXR
link and peel out of the code. I just don't know where in the code to
get it.

We have many cases in MDN content where it's helpful to indicate what
the current version of Gecko is (or, more often, to compare the current
version to a specific version in which something was added), and it
would be nice to not have to hand-edit that anymore.