From: "Hubert Figuière" <h...@mozilla.com>
To: dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 1:29:14 PM
Subject: Implementing Pepper since Google is dropping NPAPI for good

Hi all,

Today Google said they'd drop NPAPI for good.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57604242-93/google-begins-barring-browser-plug-ins-from-chrome/

Bug 729481 was WONTFIXED a while ago. tl;dr : implement Pepper plugin API

I think it might be worth the revisit that decision before it is too late.

Hub

PS: I truly believe that we should drop plugin support all together, but
that's not what I'm discussing here.