On 10/10/13 14:42, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
There is a java compiler that targets llvm somewhere which I can't find a link to right now, but it's unmaintained and IIRC it did not cover all of the Java syntax. But the real problem is in the huge API set that the JVM provides for various platform services and in order to use emscripten on java code for anything except for pure computations you will need a javascript implementation of those bits (similar to the javascript libc implementation in <https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/blob/master/src/library.js>. To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever signed up to do that work.

Interesting. It would seem to me that, if we're really serious about getting plugins out of the browser, we would place a pretty high priority on giving developers tools to migrate Java to JavaScript.

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer