----- Original Message -----
> On Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:12:14 AM UTC+1, Ralph Giles wrote:
> > On 2013-10-18 1:57 AM, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> > Do you have such a sample?
>
> For what it's worth here's an image I made quite awhile ago showing the
> results of my own blind subjective comparison between codecs:
> http://www.filedropper.com/lossy

I agree that in this comparison JPEG is clearly the worst. However, the bitrate
that you are using here is well below the target for which JPEG is designed to
be used and the quality of all of the image formats is lower than would be
acceptable for nearly all purposes. This makes these results much less
interesting than at quality levels typically used on the web.

-Jeff