On 10/22/13 11:34 AM, wsel...@mozilla.com wrote:
The key point is that download size is very important in these markets. Also,
it is important for us to think about two related topics:
1) How to get people in these markets to current versions of Firefox?
2) If downloading is not currently the most effective distribution model in
emerging markets, how can we think of alternatives or make downloading work?

AOL had good success with CDs. :)

I'm only half-joking! CDs are cheap and we have enthusiastic Mozilla Reps in many countries. We could make official ISO images and CD art designs available on our website.

We could provide or subsidize blank CDs, CD burners, and CD stickers to official Mozilla Reps. They could help update people's browsers. The CD art could include slogans like "after you install Firefox, pass this CD along to your friends".

cpeterson