On 2013-10-25 11:10 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
On 2013-10-25 10:45 AM, Erik Rose wrote:
... would it be better, from your point of view, to
index the generated files or to magically turn up the IDL line
"attribute short foo" when you search for "function:GetFoo" or
"function:SetFoo"? (I'm not sure both are feasible; I just want to get
an early read.)

The latter is better in my opinion!

If I can have only one, I agree the latter is better -- but I want to mention that sometimes I've needed to see what the I(P)DL compiler has produced from a particular definition file in order to fix a bug. For instance, a few years ago -- this may have been fixed since -- there were many gaps in the documentation of what C++ types corresponded to IDL types and vice versa, so one had to look at all three of the IDL, the generated .h, and the hand-written .cpp that expected to implement an interface to understand what was *really* going on.

So, if you can make DXR do both, that would be better. (With a clear indication that certain files are generated, and where the real source is, if at all possible.)

zw