On 11/16/13, 1:34 AM, Ms2ger wrote:
One way around it would be not to unify sources in automation. On one
hand, this could cause more bustage when changes that built locally turn
out not to have enough includes; on the other, it might be better than
having to fix up a dozen unrelated files whenever you add a new one.

If we had a mozconfig flag to disable unified builds (i.e. treat UNIFIED_SOURCES as SOURCES), interested parties can run non-unified builds to find and fix accidental header dependencies at their leisure.

I agree with Ehsan, however, that we don't need to add extra bustage to TBPL, so the builders should not use a non-unified flag. Plus we especially want the speed and extra "pseudo-LTO" optimizations from unified builds on the builders. :)

cpeterson