On 11/21/2013 3:12 PM, Laura Thomson wrote:
I can explain a little more about the motivation.

bonsai is old code, and written in very old-fashioned perl. As such, security
bugs are frequently filed against it, and it's very hard to find people who are
willing and able to fix them. If you are willing and able, let me know: I can
hook you up with bugs as they arise.

I'd like to explore other ways of getting at the same data. For example, the
search parts of bonsai should be able to be replaced with DXR in the very near
future - I understand multi-tree support is landing in DXR next week (although
we won't turn it on for a few weeks after that since we're waiting for the new
UI to land too).

Even with omniglot in DXR, DXR currently outsources all blame to external tools (hgweb, github, etc.).

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer