On 11/21/2013 10:15 PM, Gavin Sharp wrote:
It would be good to explore alternatives to Bonsai.
https://github.com/mozilla/mozilla-central is supposed to have full
CVS history, right?

Some concerns with that alternative:
- I think that repo misses some history from some branches of CVS
- I'm not confident that we've audited that whatever history is there
is complete/correct, and so losing easy access to the canonical source
could be problematic
- I don't think Github has a replacement for e.g.
http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsguess.cgi?file=textbox.xml (find a file
in CVS history including since-removed/forked files)
- there's a learning curve to using any new tools

Usability of https://github.com/mozilla/mozilla-central is too far behind
bonsai.

Any other concerns with using Github as the alternative?

Are there other potential alternative solutions?

Gavin