On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:56:50PM -0500, John O'Duinn wrote:
> 6) If a developer lands a patch that works on 10.9, but it fails somehow
> on 10.7 or 10.8, it is unlikely that we would back out the fix, and we
> would instead tell users to upgrade to 10.9 anyways, for the security fixes.

It's not because we tell users to do so that they will. Chances are they
will choose another browser that works on their OS than upgrade it. I do
know a few people that don't like the new things in 10.8 and are keeping
10.7 on purpose.

How much effort would it be to image the test machines such that they
can boot multiple versions of OSX, and have them reboot under 10.7 and
10.8 instead of 10.6 and 10.9 when demand is low, and run tests on those
platforms?

Mike