On 12/11/2013 4:18 PM, Alex Jordan wrote:
On Dec 10, 2013 6:30 PM, "Chris Pearce" <cpea...@mozilla.com> wrote:
We could add a pref that caused HTMLMediaElement.play() to only work if
called from inside a user generated event handler (i.e. mouse click, key
press). That would achieve most of what you want, and is very easy to
implement.
This seems like it might break e.g. games.

This would be preffed *off* by default of course. We could make this only for <video> elements in documents. But that's still defeatable. You really want something like what roc suggested. This is just easier.

Chris P.