On 01/09/2014 12:47 PM, Gavin Sharp wrote:
> It should be possible to have the field label change only for a
> specific set of products, in theory. Having the ability to customize
> on a per-product basis like this would make a lot of these proposals
> easier. I think we should ask our b.m.o devs (dkl, glob) to determine
> the feasibility of that solution.

Currently Bugzilla does not support relabeling of fields in the UI based
on some criteria. They are pretty well hard coded with the names. It would
be a non-trivial amount of work to add the support and it would definitely
not be something we could shift upstream. So we would need to maintain the
customization going forward.

With the build out work we are doing with the webservices API, it seems to
me it would be more appropriate to just incorporate the name changes in the
various third party UIs and dashboards that the different teams use. They
can change the milestone values using the alternative UI.

dkl

--
David Lawrence
d...@mozilla.com