On Friday, January 10, 2014 4:56:45 PM UTC-5, David Lawrence wrote:
> Currently Bugzilla does not support relabeling of fields in the UI based
> on some criteria. They are pretty well hard coded with the names. It would
> be a non-trivial amount of work to add the support and it would definitely
> not be something we could shift upstream. So we would need to maintain the
> customization going forward.

To further clarify what I meant when I said this was not an easy change in the
BMO code, I did not mean to say it was technically difficult. It is just that
the target milestone label is hard coded in more than just the standard bug
view. It is also in the email notifications sent out, the search form, the
columns in a results page for a search, webservice data that is returned, the
activity page for a bug, all documentation, and other places I may have missed.
To do this properly we would need to update most of those places as well to
change the label based on the product value.

And of course it it proves to be useful then other projects will want different
labels for their products and it may not end with target milestone. I was just
saying that we should look at all options before we commit to going that route.

dkl