On 2/23/2014 4:06 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch wrote:
Is there an accepted reporting format that'd be appropriate for output from such a tool? Perhaps the devtools folks could be interested in helping us out with something like this? I won't have time to look until after Australis has sailed.

Code coverage at Mozilla has historically used LCOV for its data (although my tools have started avoiding it because LCOV is unbearably slow), and its file format is simple enough to read and write. Truthfully, though, it's fairly trivial to slurp different formats (my tooling outputs a JSON summarized form of the data so I can do dynamic page manipulation), so the exact format isn't terribly important.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer