On 2014-03-03, 3:30 PM, Felipe G wrote:
During the translation phase, Chrome imports a JS <script> into the webpage
and this script does all the translation work.

There's the language detection phase (another use case that I plan to ask
on a separate e-mail) in which chrome does a .textContent and run the
language detection off of it on that page's renderer thread.

Note that Chrome might get away with janking the content process, but that's not necessarily going to be acceptable for us.

Cheers,
Ehsan