Karl Tomlinson writes:

> Jason Orendorff writes:
>
>> If the code is truly unreachable, it doesn't matter what we replace it
>> with. The question is what to do when the impossible occurs. To me,
>> letting control flow past such a place is just as scary as undefined
>> behavior.
>
> That depends on the particular code.  Often enough, letting
> control flow past is relatively harmless compared to a crash.
>
>> So I think our replacement for MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE should
>> crash even in non-debug builds. This suggests MOZ_CRASH.

Jason and I spoke on irc and realised that we were talking about
2 slightly different things.  I apologize for taking a bit of a
tangent to this particular sub thread.

Given the history of MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE in JS code and the
intention to remove MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE, MOZ_CRASH is the
appropriate replacement for those existing use cases.

However, I would like to discourage use of MOZ_CRASH in future
code unless failure to match cases in a switch is really more scary
than crashing.