On 4/4/14, 2:21 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
On 2014-04-04, at 14:02, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's not true, we were in that state once, before I stopped working on this
issue.  We can get there again if we wanted to.  It's just a lot of hard work
which won't scale if we only have one person doing it.

It’s self-correcting too.  Turn on auto land and require a green build to land
a patch.  I’m certain that the number of intermittent failures will drop
dramatically.

Code in mozilla-central has passed a human sheriff's analysis of TBPL results from mozilla-inbound. Someone could continuously run tests on a good snapshot of mozilla-central (or the well-tested mozilla-release branch) for 24 hours to determine the degree that individual test cases are solid green or shades of orange. Draw a line in the sand declaring the solid greens as never intermittent and must-be-green on mozilla-inbound. After fixing all the oranges, rinse and repeat with roc's Chaos Mode enabled! :)

Note that this suggestion does not require mozilla-central to be frozen from checkins.

chris