On 14/04/2014 22:28, Eric Shepherd wrote:
I think I know the answer to this, but want to confirm: is XPath a going concern? We want to be sure of its current status before migrating its documentation to where it ought to be assuming that it is in fact something people still use.

XPath is still a going concern from where I stand. Web Testing people, who use Selenium WebDriver, use XPath extensively since they struggle to get to have testable documents. Having decent documentation for them would be awesome :)

David

P.S. Having a "native" implementation of XPath makes Selenium WebDriver a lot faster than say Internet Explorer which doesnt have a "native" implementation and relies on a JavaScript polyfill.