Gregory Szorc wrote:

On 8/18/2014 4:45 PM, Neil wrote:
Time was that you could just python runtests.py to run mochitests.

Then we needed modules that you don't get in the default python, so you had to
invoke python from the virtualenv instead.

Now that doesn't work either, because it's trying to run .mozconfig, so my
questions are a) why and b) how do I stop it? (I found --binary but that didn't
seem to be enough on its own.)
Can you please describe your workflow

It's quite simple: python runtests.py had all the right defaults for me, while the Makefile targets pass a bunch of parameters that I don't want, and mach doesn't work in comm-central yet, so I don't know how badly that would work out.

(as opposed to giving you hints on how to subtly hack around the existing
implementation)

I'd prefer hints on how to fix the build system, but I'll take hacks too.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.