I know this is tangential but the small changes are the least tested changes in my experience. The try push requirement for checkin-needed has had a wonderful impact on the amount of times the tree is closed[1]. The tree is less likely to be closed these days.

David

[1] http://futurama.theautomatedtester.co.uk/

On 19/08/2014 22:04, Ralph Giles wrote:
On 2014-08-19 1:55 PM, Benoit Girard wrote:
Perhaps we should instead promote checkin-needed (or a similar simple)
to coalesce simple changes together.
I would prefer to use 'checkin-needed' for more things, but am blocked
by the try-needed requirement. We need some way to bless small changes
for inbound without a try push. Look up the author's commit access maybe?

  -r