On 2014-08-19, 3:57 PM, Jeff Gilbert wrote:
I would actually say that debug tests are more important for continuous
integration than opt tests. At least in code I deal with, we have a ton of
asserts to guarantee behavior, and we really want test coverage with these via
CI. If a test passes on debug, it should almost certainly pass on opt, just
faster. The opposite is not true.

"They take a long time and then break" is part of what I believe caused us to
not bother with debug testing on much of Android and B2G, which we still haven't
completely fixed. It should be unacceptable to ship without CI on debug tests, but here
we are anyways. (This is finally nearly fixed, though there is still some work to do)

I'm not saying running debug tests less often is on the same scale of bad, but
I would like to express my concerns about heading in that direction.

I second this. I'm curious to know why you picked debug tests for this experiment. Would it not make more sense to run opt tests on desktop platforms on every other run?

Cheers,
Ehsan