On 9/3/2014 11:45 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
I mean, if I add a new virtual function to nsINode and then only compile the subset of files that call the new function, I _know_ the resulting build if I linked libxul is busted: different parts of it think the vtable looks different. But this is still a useful thing to be able to do as I iterate on my API addition!

It sounds to me like what you really want is support for a red squiggly line in your IDE, or the nearest equivalent to it in your development environment. This effectively requires being able to say, for any source file, the exact command and arguments needed to make it compile, plus appropriate hookups to your IDE. Being able to have moz.build spit this out has been an aspiration of mine for some time, and I believe we are capable of making this possible by the end of the year.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer