----- Original Message -----

That is my understanding as well... I was just pointing out this fact that this
is why the omni.jar does not compress well.

Currently our partial update process requires that the omni.jar is the same as
the one that is used to generate the update. We've discussed changing the
partial update process so it unzips the omni.jar, applies the update, and
rezips it with the startup optimizations when the omni.jar is created. If this
were to be implemented the same could be done to the Windows installer and
thereby better compress the files in the omni.jar in the installer just as we
do for all of the other files but it is to say the least a rather complex
process that has many more additional points where it could fail
catastrophically.

Even if we chose to do this for the installer the data seems to indicate that
this would not significantly lessen the 10% of non-successful stub installer
install attempts as I noted earlier. I did complete a project in Q2 that
lessened the non-successful stub install attempts by iirc approximately 1.5%
and I have similar projects to improve it further though other projects I am
working on have been given a higher priority atm.

Robert