On 2014-10-16, 4:20 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 10/16/14, 4:01 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
Sure.  But you're just describing why tests are useful and an absolute
necessity.  :-)  I think what Bobby was asking for is a much stronger
ask that is not really attainable.

I think what Bobby was actually asking for is this:

If a patch lands and is green in continuous integration but then we have
some other tests somewhere (hidden, run manually, whatever) that start
failing because of this patch, and we deem those failures sufficiently
dire to back out the patch, then the owners of these secret-but-critical
tests should share some responsibility for enabling the patch to reland.
  Not least because otherwise it's not clear how to proceed.

Certainly that's what _I_ want.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I couldn't read between the lines of Bobby's email well enough, apparently!