Mike Hommey schrieb:
Note a significant amount of the omni.ja and browser/omni.ja data is
used for jsloader/jssubloader data: 4744949 and 1560499 bytes from those
files are that. These jsloader/jssubloader data are there for startup
benefits on Firefox first run (if the data wasn't there, it would be
generated on the first run and stored in the user profile). This was
added a while ago, and we've been wondering if the js parser speed had
been improved enough for those to now be useless for a while. It seems
to me there's a lot to gain in download size from stripping those if we
can confirm they are not helping in a significant way anymore. Who wants
to check?

Also, if we can't get decent startup without them, why do we need to download those pieces and not generate them with the installer in some fashion?

KaiRo