On 11/7/14 1:28 PM, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Dave Townsend<dtowns...@mozilla.com>  wrote:
>We started that with prompting users to opt-in to e10s
>around a month ago and since then around 25% of Nightly users have been
>running with e10s enabled. As we hoped this saw a surge in the number of
>bugs filed and helped us understand the remaining issues more. Many many
>bugs have been fixed since then and as of Tuesday nothing remaining looked
>bad enough to block us turning this on more globally.

25% is pretty high! Knowing that, the decision to turn it on by
default does not seem unreasonable.

You can see the e10s telemetry numbers at [1]. Technically, E10S_AUTOSTART is the number of browser sessions, not users, with e10s enabled. Perhaps there are only a few e10s testers and they're constantly crashing and restarting their browser session. :)

We have a list of tested add-ons with their compatibility status and relevent bug numbers at http://arewee10syet.com/

chris

[1] https://telemetry.mozilla.org/#filter=nightly%2F36%2FE10S_AUTOSTART&renderhistogram=Graph