On 12/22/2014 08:08 AM, Paolo Amadini wrote:
> Maybe we could make available
> an opt-in code linting solution - and these typos would become errors,
> not warnings,

One substantial problem from a JS engine point of view is that we're
implementing a specification.  That specification says these behaviors are not
errors (let alone early errors that prevent script execution overall).
Introducing our own proprietary version of JS with these as errors creates a
purely self-inflicted language, that we are not going to sufficiently document
to actively support it -- if we even wanted to support it, which I don't think
we do because this isn't The Open Web.

Jeff