On 29/12/2014 13:48, Paolo Amadini wrote:
On 12/26/2014 5:59 PM, Jeff Walden wrote:
On 12/22/2014 08:08 AM, Paolo Amadini wrote:
Maybe we could make available
an opt-in code linting solution - and these typos would become errors,
not warnings,

Introducing our own proprietary version of JS with these as errors

To clarify, these would be linting errors, just like it would be an
error to inconsistently indent a line by one space instead of two. An
automated tool in Continuous Integration could then tell you in advance
that your patch will be rejected if this is not fixed (so the reviewer
doesn't have to do the check or detect typos manually).

Unfortunately quite some of the 'strict warnings' are run-time ones and cannot easily be detected at compile-time / using CI (I'm thinking in particular of "reference to undefined property foo.bar").

~ Gijs