Is there a place where I can follow the plan for enabling
document.registerElement for wider web usage? Right now is is only
available behind an about:config setting or if an app is a certified app.

I am just interested in the machinery for document.registerElement/custom
elements to be available, and do not need the full web components story
(for example, do not need HTML Imports).

Reason for asking: we want to try an experimental FxOS email app variant,
but try delivering it through the marketplace. For that, it is best if the
app is privileged instead of certified.

We use some custom elements inside the app, so cannot currently go
privileged. While it would be relatively straightforward for the app to
move away from using document.registerElement, I would prefer to just leave
it as-is if document.registerElement was going to be more widely available
in the FxOS 3.0 timeframe (extra nice if it were to happen in the first
half of this year).

---

Originally posted on dev-b2g:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.b2g/CqS5fQt9b-I

but was informed off-list that dev-platform may be a better place to ask
this question.

James