On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> One good thing about UIWorkers is extensibility. We can imagine providing
> touch input coordinates to UIWorkers to enable 60fps object dragging (with
> arbitrary effects like resistance, snapping, etc). UIWorkers could render
> to canvases: this would let you render VR with minimum latency, and let you
> render to canvases used by CSS masking for 60fps dissolves and clipping
> effects. If you really want to, you could go all Flipboard and render your
> entire UI to a canvas in the compositor --- if you keep hitting your
> deadlines.

Perhaps we should discuss this separately, but if you have looked at
Flipboard and React et al it would be great to know if we see ways of
keeping content in the DOM while achieving the same performance. Going
Flipboard throws away a lot of functionality normally available to
users.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/